Membership Benefits and Events
Business is competitive and your company needs every edge it can get. Making an investment in the Howell Chamber of Commerce will help you maximize your opportunities for success. The Chamber is a vital tool for the growth of your business and the community. The highlights below illustrate the advantages of your Chamber of Commerce investment.
Active Committees - Develop your leadership involvement on a committee. Ask a Chamber representative about which committee you would best suit.
A Stronger Voice in Community and Local Government - including our Annual Howell Township Mayor & Council Update Meeting
Howell Chamber Member Networking
Opportunities to Promote Your Business
- Our "Business After Hours" Networking events are quite popular and well attended. Members are given plenty of time to meet key business contacts and build profitable relationships. These events are not to be missed!
- We also offer our popular Breakfast Bonanza Networking. $7.00 for members and $14.00 for nonmembers, includes a light breakfast. This is an opportunity for Howell Chamber members and non-member local businesses to get together to learn about marketing and networking strategies, as well as what services other businesses provide. Visit the website calendar for dates and locations or call the chamber office at 732-363-4114.
- Membership Directory - Chamber members are listed alphabetically, category and by phone number. Electronic and printed business directories list Chamber members only.
- Member Referrals - When information is requested, either by phone or in person, the Chamber always refers Chamber members.
- Member to Member Discount Program - Members are encouraged to offer member to member discounts. These are listed with your directory profile.
- Plaques- Our new members are presented Howell Chamber plaques to display in their business.
- Ribbon Cuttings/Open Houses/Ground Breaking Ceremonies - Celebrate your business' relocation, opening or anniversary with this special member's only service.
- "Shop Chamber" Bags - Members are encouraged to provide pamphlets, flyers, key chains and other promotional items to be placed in our "Shop Chamber" bags. There is no charge for this free promotion.
- Sponsorships - Members can gain excellent publicity by sponsoring meetings and events throughout the year. This direct exposure is unmatched in the business community.
Sponsorship Benefits include: Business name included on all marketing materials, E-Mail blasts, newspaper announcements, and Chamber newsletter announcements. Display space is provided at the event and your business will have an opportunity to give a brief presentation about your business.
- Web Site/Links - HowellChamber.com is the Chamber's online connection to its members and the world. Members can view the Chamber's Calendar of Events and search for fellow members. On the website directory, a member's listing includes their business category, links to their website and social media pages no charge.
What is the real value of joining a Chamber of Commerce?
Advocates of chambers of commerce have long believed that when a company is
active in its local chamber, it is doing the right thing not only for the
community but for its own success as well. This study, commissioned by the
American Chamber of Commerce Executives with support from Small Business
Network, Inc. and The Schapiro Group, is designed to do just that:
determine the real value to companies in terms of consumer outcomes of joining
and being active in their local chamber of commerce.
Data for the study come from a scientific web-based nationwide survey
- Most consumers (59%) think that being active in the local chamber of
commerce is an effective business strategy overall. It is 29% more effective,
however, for communicating to consumers that a company uses good business
practices and 26% more effective for communicating that a business is
- If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber,
consumers are 22% more likely to think that its products stack up better
against its competition.
- When a consumer thinks that a company’s products stack up better against
the competition because the company is highly involved in its local chamber of
commerce, it is because he or she infers that the company is trustworthy,
involved in the community, and is an industry leader.
- When consumers know that a restaurant franchise is a member of the chamber
of commerce, they are 40% more likely to eat at the franchise in the next few
- When consumers know that an insurance company is a member of the chamber of
commerce, they are 43% more likely to consider buying insurance from it.
- When consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of
commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely
to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
The results show that being active in the local chamber of commerce is a
good strategy for businesses to use in communicating each of the four specific
company traits. Statistically, it is an effective way to convey to consumers
that a company 1) uses good business practices, 2) is involved in the
community, 3) cares about customers, and 4) is reputable—regardless of whatever
they may or may not already think about the company.
If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber (e.g.,
sits on the chamber board/involved as ambassador), consumers are 22% more
likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition. When
consumers find out that a company is involved with its local chamber, they are
19% more likely to think favorably of that company. This effect is not
dependent on the degree of chamber involvement; it holds true regardless of
whether or not the company is highly involved in the chamber.
*Source: The Shapiro Group
Call the Chamber Office to see how a Chamber membership can help your business!