Membership Benefits and Events
Business is competitive and your company needs every edge it can get. Making an investment in the Howell Chamber of Commerce will help you maximize your opportunities for success. The Chamber is a vital tool for the growth of your business and the community. The highlights below illustrate the advantages of your Chamber of Commerce investment.
Education Discount at Georgian Court University - chamber members and their employees receive a 10% discount on any graduate class, certificate or graduate program, plus initial application fees are waived. For details, please contact GCU for details; Office of Career Services, 732-987-2602, email@example.com. (10% discount on graduation admissions tuition ($84 per
credit savings) to members and their employees. This discount is not
retroactive and may not be combined with other discount programs. In addition,
we offer waived undergraduate & graduate application fees to members and
their employees, a $40.00 savings.)
Competitive Group Health Insurance Programs for Your Business - As a member of the Howell Chamber, you have the ability to provide your employees with access to the new CentraState Community Health Plan (CCHP) *, a unique health insurance arrangement for businesses with two (2) or more eligible employees. The CCHP, offered in conjunction with the other plan options that are part of the QualCare suite of health programs, provides small and mid-size employer groups with a higher level of choice, flexibility and competitiveness than is generally found in traditional group health plans.* The CentraState Community Health Plan (CCHP) offered in partnership with the Affiliated Physicians and Employers Health Plan (APEHP), a New Jersey Self-Insured MEWA is approved and regulated by the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance (DOBI).
Watch the Fox Business News interview with John Gribbin, CEO of CentraState.
Active Committees - Develop your leadership involvement on a committee. Ask a Chamber representative about which committee you would best suit.
A Stronger Voice in Community and Local Government - including our Annual Howell Township Mayor & Council Update Meeting
Howell Chamber Member Networking
Opportunities to Promote Your Business
- Our "Business After Hours" Networking events are quite popular and well attended. Members are given plenty of time to meet key business contacts and build profitable relationships. These events are not to be missed!
- We also offer our popular Breakfast Bonanza Networking. $5.00 for members and $10.00 for nonmembers, includes a light breakfast. Offered each Tuesday morning at 8am. This is an opportunity for Howell Chamber members and non-member local businesses to get together to learn about marketing and networking strategies, as well as what services other businesses provide. Visit the website calendar for dates and locations or call the chamber office at 732-363-4114.
- Business-to-Business Program - The Howell Chamber will include your flyer in our monthly newsletter. What a great way to introduce your business to our members! If your business is planning a special event, a sale, coupons, or to introduce your business to our business community, this program is a wonderful way to get the word out.
- Membership Directory - Chamber members are listed alphabetically, category and by phone number. Electronic membership directories are available only to our Chamber members.
- Member Referrals - When information is requested, either by phone or in person, the Chamber always refers Chamber members.
- Member to Member Discount Program - The Chamber is happy to announce this year that they will be sending out Howell Chamber Member Cards. This will be an easy way for members to verify identification of other members and use their discounts provided by other Chamber members.
- New Resident Direct Mail Welcome Package - This is a great way for your business reach to new residents and businesses moving into our rapidly growing community. Here is how the program works:
Each month the Chamber receives a list from Howell Township of all residents moving into our town. The Chamber sends a customized Howell Chamber 10 x 13 envelope with our logo by Media Mail to each new resident in Howell. The packet contains a letter from the Chamber welcoming them into the community, voter's registration, cat and dog license and promotional pieces from our members. What a great way to introduce your business to the newest residents in Howell. This program costs only $100.00 per quarter. Submit the request form with payment and the Chamber Office will contact you with details. For more information, contact the Chamber at 732-363-4114 for this fantastic program and the next deadline date.
New Resident Program - Is it really worth it?? Read more!
- Newsletter - Our electronic newsletter keeps members informed of Chamber events, initiatives, programs, services, and the latest in business and community issues. An advertising opportunity to reach members and local businesses, consider placing an insert or ad. Members are also encouraged to submit business related articles.
- Plaques- Our new members are presented Howell Chamber plaque at their first general membership meeting to display in their business.
- Ribbon Cuttings/Open Houses/Ground Breakings - Celebrate your business's relocation, opening or anniversary with this special members only service.
- "Shop Chamber" Bags - Our new members are given "Shop Chamber" bags at their first monthly general membership meetings where they also receive their plaque. Members are encouraged to drop off pamphlets, flyers, key chains, and other promotional items to the Chamber office to be placed in our "Shop Chamber" bags. There is no charge for this free promotion.
- Sponsorships - Members can gain excellent publicity by sponsoring meetings and events throughout the year. This direct exposure is unmatched in the business community.
Sponsorship Benefits include: Business name included on all marketing materials, E-Mail blasts, newspaper announcements, and Chamber newsletter announcements. Display space is provided at the event and your business will have an opportunity to give a brief presentation about your business.
The Howell Chamber of Commerce is a proud member of the NJ Chamber of Commerce.
- Web Site/Links - HowellChamber.com is the Chamber's online connection to its members and the world. Members can view the Chamber's Calendar of Events and search for fellow members. On the website directory, members are listed by category with web site links provided at no charge.
Call the Chamber Office to see how a Chamber membership can help your business!